Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities – Background
The Smaller Authorities Transparency Code came into force on 1 April 2015 and requires the online publication of certain information which the Government requests, to provide taxpayers with a clear picture of the authority’s activities, spending, and governance, and will improve the ability of communities to hold local public bodies to account.
Under the Transparency Code, town and parish councils with a turnover of less than £25,000 are required to publish the following information online:
- All items of expenditure above £100 – this is listed below and on the Welcome Page.
- End of year accounts, Annual governance statement and Internal audit report – all Parish Council Accounts and Financial information can be found on the Welcome Page under documents available to download by clicking on the corresponding document number at the bottom of the page. The Accounts and Audit For Year Ended 31st March 2017 are numbered as follows;
- 1.53 Declaration of Status of Published Accounts.
- 1.53 Notice of Date of Commencement of Period for the Excercise of Public Rights.
- 1.53 Local Audit and Accountablitily Act 2014.
- 1.52 Annual Governance Statement 2016/17.
1.52 Accounting Statements 2016/17.
1.52 Annual Internal Audit Report 2016/17
1.44 Notice of Conclusion of Audit 2017 and External auditor report and certificate.
- List of councillor or member responsibilities – please see ‘Your Parish Councillors’ page for this information.
- The details of public land and building assets – Little Witley Parish Council Assets include the bus shelters and 2 noticeboards.
- Minutes, agendas and meeting papers of formal meetings – these are all published and available to look at and/or download on this website. The agenda for each meeting is published ahead of the meeting and the draft minutes within 30 days of a meeting.
Little Witley Parish Council as a smaller authority is required to comply with these regulations and we are working towards improving the website so that this information is clearly defined.
If you have any queries regarding the Transparency Code or difficulty in finding the information you require, please contact the Parish Clerk, Kym Wild, parish.clerk@firstname.lastname@example.org or the Chairman Cllr Paul Cumming email@example.com
Click on link below to view a pdf of the Transparency Code –